Nestled in a stunning 400-acre parkland campus in leafy Berkshire, Wellington College is one of Britain’s most historic and famous independent schools. We are a fully co-educational boarding school offering an excellent all-round education to 1,045 pupils aged 13-18.
At Wellington College the fusion of originality, innovation and 150 years of tradition and history produces an education unlike any other, making it one of the most exciting schools in Britain. We seek to develop fully the ‘Wellington Identity’ in every child, encouraging them to be inspired, intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive.
The College provides a world class scholarly environment and each year we seek people of outstanding imagination, intellect and passion to teach with us as we aim both to develop the excellence of our pupils and forge new directions in education.
Alongside the teaching staff, the College employs a wide range of non-teaching staff in our Teaching Support, Bursary, General Services (Domestic and Catering), Operations and Works and Estates Departments and at our onsite Health and Fitness Club.
In total, approximately 650 full and part-time staff are employed at the College to ensure the successful functioning of the intricate and interdependent life of the vibrant and progressive Wellington community.
The Wellington College Values
The College Values outline the behaviours and attitudes expected of all staff and pupils and are a promise to people about how they will be treated whilst with us.
Staff at Wellington College have access to the following benefits (subject to eligibility criteria and availability):
- Free lunch whilst on duty
- Subsidised membership to the onsite Wellington Health and Fitness Club
- Personal health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Social Club membership
- Golf Club membership
- Death in Service benefit
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
In addition to the above, teaching staff also have access to:
- College fees discount for birth or formally adopted children (subject to standard entry requirements and on day fees only; subject to HMRC rules)
- Private Medical Insurance underwritten by AVIVA which includes Simplyhealth cash plan (taxable benefit)
- Life assurance through the TPS